Friday, September 12, 2008

It's been a rough night....

Well last night was one of the hardest nights I've had in a really long time..I was so emotionally struck down that I think I cried harder than I have in a long, long, time. The hurtin' for this one comes two fold- not only do I totally HATE crying, it makes matters worse when I wake up the next morning with seriously swollen eyes. ugh. I was going to post of picture of it, but decided it was too horrible to expose you to. Just to give you a glimpse- It looks like I either ate something that I was allergic to, or i just got punched square in the eye..but without the blackness. I was mortified! Also, I woke up to an unbelievably searing headache- (again, probably a common side effect of not crying like that in years, and bawling until my face was so soaked I actually had to grab a towel).Embarrassing. Now this may not sound funny to you, but this story has a definite UP. Here is comes..crying made me calm myself into a place where i could just talk to God and ask Him to take over everything that was bothering me. The sadness, the pain, the anger- and just grant me peace. And you know what? He did. Just like that! His Holy Spirit encompassed me and i felt at peace right away. I wasn't sad, and I was able to see the situation for what it was. I'm always wondering if something could happen that fast..Not that I think God couldn't do it, but I sometimes wondered if He heard me. God is so amazing, He knows what I need and when I sincerely asks, He gives it to me. This reminded of one of my favorite passages:
Matthew 7:7-8 (New King James Version)
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.


I've always loved this passage because it gives me hope. When we truly seek, we find. When we sincerely ask, He will give it to you. God wants us to grow. Sometimes it hurts like a morning migraine and eyes that hurt to blink out of, but most importantly the pruning process is a painful one. The great thing is God holds you when your weak, and when you think you are at your most dire, He steps in. "Welcome Home" I say- Please- come and make your home with me. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have recently been in that situation and ask God to take it all away from me, lifting all my worries to him. The Lord is so good, he did make me a stronger person and stronger Christian!