Monday, October 6, 2008

Just some thoughts..

Hello Again everyone, thanks for tuning in to my blog! So I haven't posted anything in a couple of days..sorry :( I wanted to share some pictures of the wedding..But first, I wanted to say that this was one of the most blessed times of my life. In the days after, I reflected on the phrase"married life". I was asked a ton of times how "married life" was..which is funny to me in 2 ways:

1. I have only been married for a week, so I'm no marriage instructor yet
2. My husband had to go back out of town to work after our wedding weekend, so I haven't had much married life AT ALL yet.
(btw, I did take a like-ing to calling Stevie my husband. I think this is mostly because it's so new-check with me in a few months, and I probably won't care.)

Anyway, I thought about what it means to be married, and how scared I was to "grow up". I began to realize that being married to my best friend, and someone I can continue to count on was a wonderful, wonderful thing. The whole thing happened so fast, and I was surrounded by so many people I love, that I forgot all about growing up, and the fears I had faced prior to the life journey ahead of me.

I asked this question in my last blog, and I keep asking God it today "Why me Lord? What do you want with me? I don't deserve the love you gave me, and I don't deserve all that you have given me to date. Today, tomorrow, what could you possibly want with ME?" and the Lord said to me- "why not you? I can make something from nothing, and when you love Me, I will love you."

Wow. Its true, but I was still unable to fathom why God would want to do anything for an unperfect human like me. Listen, you have to understand that I had given up on love. I had nothing BUT hard relationships that I thought were pretty difficult, and undesirable. I came to the realization that I would be in a relationship that would require A LOT of work.. But God gave me a new relationship. When I fell in love with His son, and devoted my life to loving Him, I was blessed. Nothing else mattered-still doesn't. He gave me a husband, He gave me my life, He gave me the relationship I have with my children- He gave me my children! As long as I can take breath, I will be in love with our Lord. Forever. Jesus said in John 14:6-"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."-and thats why I love Him. Though I am a sinner and not worthy of His grace, He brought me to the table. Set me apart for His service., and loved me as His own. That's what He wants from me. Love. To Himself, and to His children. God is good-Thank Him in all you do!


3 comments:

Sparklinbecks said...

Great pictures Tawn! Congrats again!

Breckan said...

Tawn, you look so gorgeous. I can't believe how long it's been. Congratulations on getting married. You have a beautiful family.

Tawn said...

Breckan! Thank you soo much for the love and support- miss you guys!