Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yummy Treats!

I must be in a seriously "sweet" mood! I have been searching for things to cook and bake left and right lately, just looking for things that are yummy, not traditional, and fun (not to mention easy) to make. Stevie and I decided to make a really special dinner tonight since I had been talking about a meat market in our area. When we got there I was overwhelmed and mystified at the amount of meat! The prices were great, and I plan on making it our family stop for meat from now on! So after deciding on steaks, baked potatoes, and homemade mac and cheese, I also thought I would make desert as well. Why not right? I stumbled on this super easy and really delicious idea- S'more brownies! They have a recipe to make from scratch but I decided to take the quick and easy route. The recipe calls for homemade Graham cracker crust on the bottom of an 8X8 pan. I didn't like the idea of having to melt the marshmallows at one time, so I opted for the pre-made individual ones shown here.
I also decided to go for brownie mix instead of doing it on my own. Too much work to add on top of what I was already doing, but I have to admit it sounded fun. So I basically made the brownie mix and poured them in the individual cups. I baked at 350 for about 30 minutes or so. This is how they came out..

After they were done cooling, I added the marshmallows and put them under the broiler for about 1 minute or 2. just until "roasted"
It was a little hard to get the marshmallows on the tops of these so my first two looked like this. I liked that I could keep practicing with the more I do! Baking is fun! Next projects: Carmel Apple Pie, and Creme Brule!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness - You can make caramel apple pie for thanksgiving and i'll make the pumpkin pie. We'll be sooo good we can enter them in the fair :)

Sparklinbecks said...

I want some!