Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This Little Light of Mine...

"I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!"

I thought about this melody when I came into work this morning. Humming along as I came in..I thought about how many times I could let my light shine, and how the adversary tries to dim that light, the Light the Lord so graciously shone upon us. And has shared within us.This morning on my way in, I got some bad news..kinda. Just one more to add to the list! (btw I think "bad news is really only as bad as you take it to be) I was ok with it, and you know what? I'm not letting anything dim or darken the Light that is within me- nope, just not gonna let it! God has blessed me this day, and there is nothing that can change that. Here's confirmation:
when I finally got my computer up and running, I saw this picture my sis took over the weekend- you may notice it from my updated blog :







I tweaked it a little and added pretty borders, etc to it, but this is what I see every time I boot up my computer now. I thought about all the things that make our light brighter, and just being happy for the things that we have, the people that are safely within arms reach, and the beauty that God unveils to us each day. Scripture says: "Be Still and know that I am God. "(psalm 26:10) He rarely screams or shouts, we have to search for him- always. I find myself looking over these pictures constantly because they add electricity to the Light that God instills inside of me. I bug my sister often for every single picture she takes for this very reason- so I am reminded always of where my life comes from, and never forgetting that when I look at the lights within my life, I can't help but to smile. Here are some for you to enjoy with me!

This one is of our new family, we are missing little Adri, but she is never far from our spirits or our hearts.

How can you not smile when you look at this?

And there He is...always with us, always watching us,- His children, forever encouraging us to grow!

Big ups to my sister Tiffanie- she does a great job with photography, and I love seeing her pictures over and over and over again! Till next time..Let your light shine continuously- the Lord within us is never failing, and He endures forever! have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you sissy. i'll call you and remember to put the pics on a USB so you can get them ALL.