Monday, December 15, 2008

To Inspire

I have been told in the past that I have somewhat inspired a few people. An amazing compliment? YOU BET YA! It is good to hear, but it is God that deserves all the Glory. For it is the God inside me that I obey, seek, and look towards for guidance and ultimately to help me grow.

I thought about what it means to inspire, and I began to see that inspiration to some, is not always inspiration to others.. so I did some research. The American Heritage Dictionary defines inspiration as:

in·spi·ra·tion
(ĭn'spə-rā'shən)
*Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.

*The condition of being so stimulated.
*An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
*Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
*The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
*Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
*The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.


I thought this was very interesting indeed! Look at these definitions..

To inspire is something we don't create ourselves, but it happens naturally, or spiritually rather. In these definitions, there is really no explanation on how these events occur. We have to have faith that God is behind all true inspiration, and that the gift of inspiration is a precious one. When we stay faithful and obedient to God, we bear fruit, and this fruit when created in Christ, can feed others. I have benefited from the fruit of those who truly know God, and it has made me grow! It truly is a blessing to be able to inspire others, but let us always be thankful for the message, for the Love that was poured out to us, and the inspiration that becomes life.

No comments: