Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year End..

I can't believe this year is coming to an end. I totally spaced it was even New Years eve today. I guess I don't get into the whole "yayyy, this year is coming to an end" business. Ba humbug huh?
Given the days that God has granted us, years-months-hours-are so precious to come by. I think people can look back at not only their years- but their lives, their weeks, even their smallest moments in amazement and at how swiftly they all go by. I remember when my daughter Tiana was just a small little thing, and she is blossoming so. Turning to God and knowing Him in her own heart, she is truly growing swiftly! Even little Adrianna will be visiting soon, and I know that I will be amazed at how much she will have grown in the small amount of time that she has been away. Looking at the girls pictures, and remembering that life will so often change, reminded me of what Moses prayed in Psalm 90:12

12 "So teach us to number our days,That we may gain a heart of wisdom."

What a valuable thing to pray!
I read that we will spend most of our lives sleeping, and working with about equal time in between to do what we please. Doesn't seem right does it? Now, I don't remember the exact numbers, but when I think about how fast my day goes by, and how much time I waste when I'm NOT spending time with God, it saddens me.
I also know that when I take the time to be still and stop long enough to hear myself breathe, I am thankful that I have a God that thought me worthy enough to allow that breath to give me life. Yes, He is in control of all Heaven and Earth...All the creeping things of the land and of the sea.. The stars, the moon, the sky. Yet and still every day, He loves me enough to grant me life. Amazing isn't it? One more moment, one more hour,one more day. A chance to grow closer. A chance to listen. A chance to Love.
Thank you God, for you always know exactly what to do, exactly what to say, and exactly where to show up!
Here is to a fuller, even more delightful walk with God. Whether it be one day, or you are looking forward to an entire year, let us remember to number our days as Moses said. Being mindful that those minutes are choices we make to grow closer and closer to a God we so dearly love!
Happy New Year everyone :)

No comments: